About ten years ago I decided that I wanted to stream line our grocery shopping and make it even easier to make dinners, I would start making menu's.
What started as just a list of main entrees has somehow morphed into a full scale Daily meal list.
I like to make a daily chart that includes breakfast, homemade school lunch, lunch for Chris and Dinner, which includes sides and a fruit.
Everything is balanced and good for you!
Having taken several dietary classes when I worked at a nursing home, I would like to think of myself as a freestyle dietitian....lol
We spend Approximately $800.00-$900.00 a month on food. Feeding a family of 4, mostly vegan, organic vegetables and grains, plus a few vegetarian items and some meat items, eggs, organic chicken etc.... I feel that this is a really well rounded plan, we only eat out once a week and I cook all of the other meals.... It can be a little overwhelming cooking all the meals for our household, but I feel I am keeping my little family unit healthy and happy with the way we eat!!
1. Breakfast burrito with orange slices and soy milk
2. Peanut Butter French toast with syrup, apple wedges and orange juice
3. Scrambled tofu, smart bacon and hash browns Apple juice
4. Pecan waffles with Maple pecan syrup, sliced banana's and Rice milk
5. Oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon toast, Chai tea
6. Pancakes with gimme lean sausage patties, strawberries and kiwi slices, Soy milk
7. Cinnamon Harvest cold cereal, toast, Whole banana and Orange juice
Kaiti's school lunches
1.Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich half, carrot sticks, sliced kiwi and green grapes, Cheery juice
2.Cold Japanese noodle bowl, edamame, nectarine slices, Cinnamon muffin, Soy milk
3.Pasta salad, multi grain crackers, strawberries and blueberries, Chocolate coconut milk
4.Almond Butter and peach preserves tortilla roll up, celery and carrot sticks, nectarine, and rice milk
5.Spin wheels, spring salad, cinnamon apples wedges, Grape juice
Regular lunches ( Chris' lunches)
1. Grilled Panini sandwich with oven sweet potato fries, tossed romaine salad and fresh sliced peaches
2. Coleslaw wraps with Homemade potato chips, Baby watermelon quarters
3. Chili Mac, carrot and celery sticks, Apple slices
4. Pasta salad with french bread, kiwi and strawberries
5. Korean soup, with whole grain crackers, Asian spinach salad, mandarin oranges
6. Caesar salad, potato soup, Italian bread, and Nectarines
7. TVP Taco's, Tropical fruit salad
1. Italian flag Lasagna, romaine salad, white peaches
2. Vegetable Lo mein, Fried rice, Pot stickers, Mandarin oranges
3. Col cannon, Chili rubbed corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, Apple wedges
4. Macaroni and nooch cheese, broccoli and Orange slices
5. Soup and salad night, fresh sliced Honey Dew
6. Deep Dish Pizza, Italian salad, Onion rings, Pears
7. Vegetable enchilada's, black beans, and caramelized Plantains
Well friends, my computer just dumped out the rest of this post and I will take that as my close.....stupid laptop... I will attempt to finish this post tomorrow!!!
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the rain fall softly upon your fields.
And the sun shine warm upon your face.
And when you die, may you be in heaven
Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.